Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3, 2012

So, here I am. I'm enjoying my summer vacation, though still going to work a few times per week to prepare for the fall. I have to move to a new building and create a better program for my students. Mostly, though, I'm tackling projects inside and outside the house that were postponed during the busy school year. I've replaced the shower head, moved some shelves and the computers, and started to reestablish the spare bedroom into my craft studio. When my granddaughter moved in 2 years ago, all my supplies, storage and materials were quickly moved to other rooms. I still don't know where half the things are! Now that my 21 year old has moved out, I can reclaim "my" room. It won't strictly be mine, of course, my granddaughter is as much of an artist as I am and will use it daily, I'm sure.
We'll be off to the beach tomorrow morning for low tide. Plenty of tide pools to explore and beach to comb. After lunch at our favorite spot, we'll have to drive home in time for the baseball game and fireworks show - our family Independence Day tradition.
Happy 4th of July! Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment