Saturday, July 14, 2012

How do I measure...?

Recently I have started reading the classic "My Utmost For His Highest," by Oswald Chambers. In his collection of daily meditational thoughts, Chambers uses few words to make his point. He uses scripture in line with what Paul writes to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:16: 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV) "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."



 A thought on July 12 caught my eye. Chambers writes: "We are not here to develop a spiritual life of our own, or to enjoy a quiet spiritual retreat. We are here to have the full realization of Jesus Christ, for the purpose of building His body." Often we as believers go to church, read our Bibles and pray for our own good. What are your thoughts on this quote?

Chambers challenges in closing: "My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace, Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God. Am I measuring my life by this standard or by something less?"

 Lord lead my heart to want more of You and to use my gifts to serve others.

 Teacher Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment